Selling your home is all about knowing the local housing market. Pricing your home correctly is crucial to maximizing the highest selling price possible. As a 32-year seasoned agent, I can help determine what direction the market is trending, so you can make the right choices when it comes to selling your home to get the highest price possible!
Accurate pricing is key to get as many people as possible to tour and make offers on your home, especially when you first list your home. There’s a current pool of buyers waiting for new listings to hit the market, which is why accurate pricing is crucial.
It’s not every day that you wake up and say “I want to sell my house.” Most homeowners aren’t up to date with the selling process or all the paperwork that is involved, and it can be a bit complex and stressful.
If you’ve decided to sell your house, then the next step is to find the Top Agent in your area who is seasoned and understands the dynamic of your neighborhood.
Here are a few tips of things you should ask when interviewing the right agent for the job of Selling Your Home:
1. Make sure that the agent you are considering knows your area. For example, they need to know the difference between North of Whittier Blvd. and South of Whittier Boulevard. This will make a difference when determining the value of your house, in some neighborhoods a few streets over can mean $100,000 difference in pricing.
2. Make sure the agent has recent sold properties in your neighborhood. The agent should be able to provide you with copies of their recent local sales. Agents that sell in the neighborhood have a better understanding on how to price the properties, they know the different floor plans, they are familiar with the local elementary, middle schools, high schools and they are knowledgeable of the surrounding amenities such as local malls, restaurants stores and freeways.
3. Make sure to ask the agent for recent references, so you can reach out to them and ask how the process and service was. This is one step that many sellers opt not to do; like picking up the phone and contacting past sellers is a great thing to do and we highly recommend it. You will discover vital information that will better assist you with a confident decision.
4. A top/good agent should have plenty of client reviews. Everyone writes reviews on products and services, especially when they are happy and satisfied with the service. Look up the agents reviews on Yelp, Zillow, Google my business and social media platforms.
5. In today’s fast pace real estate market, it will take more than just placing a For Sale sign at your front yard to expose the property to the masses and ultimately net you the most money possible. It is important that you ask the agent about Their marketing strategy. You not only want to ask, but you want to have them walk you through all the marketing they do to sell your home. They should have multiple streams of marketing, especially digital marketing such as running paid ads on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, the top 10 real estate search websites, social media, emails blast and mobile apps. The home shopper heavily relies on these digital means for information and research.
6. You want to make sure that the agent you are considering is well seasoned in the real estate business, that the agent is skillful when negotiating your most valuable asset and they have the experience required to be a strong problem solver
7. Lastly, have the agent walk you through their vetting process when dealing with a potential buyer for your house. How is the agent making sure that the potential buyers are willing and able to purchase your home?
a) Is the agent asking the buyer(s) lender for a desktop underwriting approval? The desktop underwriting approval is much stronger than just a pre-qualification letter; it means that the buyer(s) have been deeply vetted for the loan.
b) Is the agent asking the buyer(s) for verification of funds to prove that they have the money to purchase the home and is the bank statement current?
c) Is the agent calling the buyer(s) lender to have a conversation regarding the buyer’s loan type and any concerns that may come up in the future?
Hope these tips are helpful, let us know if we can be of help…
I have an aggressive marketing plan that is designed to get maximum exposure to the buyers that are currently looking, and all agents that have buyers. Through pricing, marketing, agent accessibility, and visibility, both on and offline, I can successfully sell your home to help you achieve your goals.
Curious about what’s happening in your neighborhood? You can create a custom market report to see what’s active, under contract, and sold in your neighborhood!
Considering selling or refinancing your home? Get an INSTANT property valuation now!
Here is our SELLER'S GUIDE to selling your home.
Contact us today to find out how we can be of assistance to you.
Based on information from California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. as of . This information is for your personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties you may be interested in purchasing. Display of MLS data is usually deemed reliable but is NOT guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Buyers are responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information and should investigate the data themselves or retain appropriate professionals. Information from sources other than the Listing Agent may have been included in the MLS data. Unless otherwise specified in writing, Broker/Agent has not and will not verify any information obtained from other sources. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.